THE ELAN WARRANTY PROCESS
- Elan warranty policy applies only to products purchased from authorized dealers (eBay is NOT an authorized Elan dealer) and is valid only for the original purchaser.
- Warranty claims are to be made through the authorized Elan dealer where the product was purchased. The dealer will initiate the warranty process and ship the product to Elan if necessary.
- If the product was purchased online, you must contact the online shop where the product was purchased. Normally, the dealer will ask for proof of purchase and several photos of the affected area(s).
- The authorized Elan retailer will serve as the sole point of contact for all warranty claims.
ELAN warrants to the initial customer that ELAN skis are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of sale to the initial customer.
For rental skis the warranty period is 1 year from the date of initial purchase.
ELAN disclaims all other warranties express or implied.
Customer`s sole remedy under the warranty is limited to the repair or replacement, at ELAN`s sole option, of the product or parts thereof. Customer should return the product or parts and proof of purchase to the place of purchase for warranty service.
THE WARRANTY CLAIM WILL BE ACCEPTED IN CASE:
- The proper warranty claim procedure has been observed.
- The customer submits evidence justifying the claim. Such evidence can be returned product with defect and the invoices indicating the date of the sale to the customer.
- The warranty term (period) has not expired.
- The ELAN’s Quality Assurance Department finds out that the defect has not been caused by reasons beyond the producer’s liability.
THE WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY IF THE CLAIM IS A RESULT OF ONE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
- Damages due to normal wear and tear
- Minor damages that do not affect function
- Any damages caused by abuse or improper use (e.g. striking with tails of skis against a hard surface to remove the snow, striking the two skis together, scratches, overstress of skis or using excessive force on skis, improper ski size, improper binding mounting by parties not certified as ELAN ski mechanic, rock impact, hard object impact, any other impact caused by sharp items, due to torsion, compression, a fall or an abnormal impact...)
- Any damages caused by improper care or storage (e.g. improper storage, improper transportation, improper maintenance, failure to service regularly, repairing and tuning skis at certified ELAN ski mechanic, previous repair by person, which is not certified ELAN ski mechanic, modification of the product…)
- Any damages due to non-observance of the instructions or restrictions for use of the products and for its maintenance as defined in product manual.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Your sole remedy under the Limited Warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement, at ELAN`s sole option, of the product or parts thereof. In no event shall ELAN (or its agents, distributors) be liable for any direct (incidental) or indirect (consequential) damages, or for any cost of transporting or shipping the product, whether the claim is based upon contract, warranty, negligence or product liability, including, without limitation, loss to property, loss of use of the ski or other property, or other economic losses. Neither ELAN nor any distributor or agent shall be liable for contribution or indemnification, whatever the cause. This warranty may not be assigned or transferred.
Some countries do not allow limitations or exclusion on warranties or on certain damages or remedies, so the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary in different countries.